Why Should I Consider Massage Therapy?
In addition to relaxation, there are a variety of health conditions that can be treated with massage therapy:
- Back pain
- Stress relief
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle conditions such as strains and sprains
- Carpal tunnel syndrome or other repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory problems
- Arthritis, tendonitis, and other inflammatory conditions
What Kinds of Massage Therapy are Available?
- Relaxation Massage: Uses mild pressure to achieve relaxation without working the muscles.
- Swedish Massage: Uses medium pressure to not only relax but to also work out tension in the muscle.
- Deep Tissue: Uses firm pressure applied directly to the muscles to work out areas of high muscle tension.
- Trigger Point Therapy: This massage is done in conjunction with the other types of massage or by itself to relieve trigger points in the muscles.
- Prenatal Massage: This massage is performed either side lying or on your tummy with special pillows.
- Sports Massage
- MTR: This massage is a deep tissue massage with active and passive stretching. It is a combination of myofascia release stretching, postural integration, and trigger point release.
The pricing for massage is as follows:
Standard Massage Treatments:
- 30 minutes – $40
- 45 minutes – $55
- 60 minutes – $70
- 90 minutes – $100
- 120 minutes – $130
NOTE: The longest massage available is 2 hours. Also, you do not need to see a doctor to get a massage.